• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"Collect Coins With Stories to Tell"

2 posts in this topic

That's the advice from Q David Bowers in his current Coin World column. Doing this will broaden your enjoyment of the hobby and the history behind your collection.

I want to add to Dave's excellent comments, however. When you tell a coin story, make sure it's the real story and not some marketing fantasy or invented tale. Study modern hobby publications and look for writers who separate fact from fiction. NGC's David W. Lange is a good author to begin with – his books and articles are clear, well written and well researched. There are several other modern numismatic writers to search out, but I'll leave that for your own adventures with rare coins.

I agree.....I want there to be a story to my coins, besides their hopefully appreciating in value and me enjoying the hunt for them.

Great post. (thumbs u Will check out the CoinWorld article. Read lots of good stuff on CW the last year or so....Lois Golisano (?)...Leo Frese....good stuff on slabification.....the 1933 Double Eagle Case......MS70 Obsession...etc.