• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Got suspended recently.

24 posts in this topic

I recently got suspended for having an argument here in the bst forum. I would like to thank those that contributed to that thread. I do believe in standing up and calling out problems buyers have with sellers and read over the ngc forum rules. I did not break any rules, unlike df. What I did was stand up for you. However, not one person in Kenneth's apology thread made any mention of what I went through to stand up for your rights as collectors. It got ugly, I know. I have sent an apology for my participation to dimefreak. My life is my family and finding great coins for collectors. I will not stop defending collectors even with this encounter behind me. I do not forget, I do occasionally forgive, but expect me. I am here. Do not +%:%' with collectors. Ban me again, I will still be here.

Don't let it bug you Brandon. In my opinion, most that have been around the forums for long, know you as one of the good guys. I know I do.

Well, unless one ventures over to BST forum chances are the squabble was missed. I saw Kenneths apology thread and responded not knowing what he was apologizing for. It's a non-issue. To me it still is.

Disagreements shouldn't get personal. If they seem to be heading that way taking it private is usually the better option.

Welcome back.

Were you suspended by the thumbs or ankles? If you had been really bad it would have been by the ......

You did not miss a thing.

What? It was awesome, I broke out beer and popcorn for that internet grudge match.

IIRC, it happened after midnight and was poofed before dawn. Glad I got to see it live!

You did not miss a thing.

What? It was awesome, I broke out beer and popcorn for that internet grudge match.

IIRC, it happened after midnight and was poofed before dawn. Glad I got to see it live!

Hahahahaha!

Who's next? hm

Cajun, Although you did step up, you were not a victim.

Thus, no apology forthcoming.

A sign of gratitude by others toward you would have been a more appropriate desire.

Well said and if NGC does not respect your right to you opinion they should close down this forum and refund my membership fee. Many people that post here have an agenda ie are here to either attempt to convince others they are self proclaimed experts. All forums have them . Others will tell you about all the collections they have bought but don't tell you the used Jefferson nickels they got were a steal. many times an honest to the point answer is what is needed but some people 'just can't handle the truth". Just ignore them like they guys that love to tell you about all their romantic exploits, which is a sure sign of a lonely person that spends many nights by himself. and Correspond with those that seem to be able to assist or have requested a suggestion on a coin you are familiar with. I placed a topic wanting collectors to list dealers they had good opinions of based on past business dealings. It disappeared overnight and I bet I know why. Funny how dealers that pay seem to have pop ups that appear on this site but feedback about reputable wholesalers that comes from collectors is not welcome. $$$$$$$$$$$$$

Well said and if NGC does not respect your right to you opinion they should close down this forum and refund my membership fee. Many people that post here have an agenda ie are here to either attempt to convince others they are self proclaimed experts. All forums have them . Others will tell you about all the collections they have bought but don't tell you the used Jefferson nickels they got were a steal. many times an honest to the point answer is what is needed but some people 'just can't handle the truth". Just ignore them like they guys that love to tell you about all their romantic exploits, which is a sure sign of a lonely person that spends many nights by himself. and Correspond with those that seem to be able to assist or have requested a suggestion on a coin you are familiar with. I placed a topic wanting collectors to list dealers they had good opinions of based on past business dealings. It disappeared overnight and I bet I know why. Funny how dealers that pay seem to have pop ups that appear on this site but feedback about reputable wholesalers that comes from collectors is not welcome. $$$$$$$$$$$$$

Your thread did not disappear. It's still here.

Your thread did not disappear. It's still here.

Larry, I've only been around here 9 years. You've been here 12 years. I noticed that "bug" has been here about 2 weeks. Has he noticed something that I've missed? Do we really have a bunch of know-it-all's here?

Chris

Nope but posting your tenor as a collector tells me there may be a know it all. I have collected within limited resources and started it when I got a paper route. I always want to know what others think, even if I disagree. I respect your right to do so. Old request is if you disagree with someone attack their argument not try to recruit your buds to agree with something not related to the post. You don't say what you collect. What I have taken on is almost mission impossible for the commoner but reading, listening to others is a good way to get as far as you can. Posting empty responses is a waste of space.

If you have something to say about my ?s regarding the best old gold grading entity I would readily read. Otherwise post elsewhere. I have posted replies to collectors that are getting started as I feel this post is a good resource of information. I can also be a source of BS if the " know it all people as you describe' avoid the issues at hand. I will never know it all and no one associated with this hobby ever will. I feel pointing out where I have gotten quality information and resources for learning ie Heritage Auction pages will help ALL collectors find current data. Anyone is welcome to offer any comment on a post but off topic shot like the one you just posted make you look like you have been collecting coins since they day you were born 12 years. I don't really care as I am a prime believer in building a good network of legit dealers as this and good reading material will get you up the curve quickest. Not off point posts. I have only 6 of the DEs and the remainder are going to be EXTREMELY hard to come buy at a reasonable price and with POPs below 100 what is fair of. a lower grade AU. Any suggestions on the topic?

Nope but posting your tenor as a collector tells me there may be a know it all. I have collected within limited resources and started it when I got a paper route. I always want to know what others think, even if I disagree. I respect your right to do so. Old request is if you disagree with someone attack their argument not try to recruit your buds to agree with something not related to the post. You don't say what you collect. What I have taken on is almost mission impossible for the commoner but reading, listening to others is a good way to get as far as you can. Posting empty responses is a waste of space.

If you have something to say about my ?s regarding the best old gold grading entity I would readily read. Otherwise post elsewhere. I have posted replies to collectors that are getting started as I feel this post is a good resource of information. I can also be a source of BS if the " know it all people as you describe' avoid the issues at hand. I will never know it all and no one associated with this hobby ever will. I feel pointing out where I have gotten quality information and resources for learning ie Heritage Auction pages will help ALL collectors find current data. Anyone is welcome to offer any comment on a post but off topic shot like the one you just posted make you look like you have been collecting coins since they day you were born 12 years. I don't really care as I am a prime believer in building a good network of legit dealers as this and good reading material will get you up the curve quickest. Not off point posts. I have only 6 of the DEs and the remainder are going to be EXTREMELY hard to come buy at a reasonable price and with POPs below 100 what is fair of. a lower grade AU. Any suggestions on the topic?

Pardon me! You're right! You didn't say "know-it-all". You said "self-proclaimed experts". Sorry, I don't care to discuss my personal preferences with someone who thinks he knows all there is to know about the members, here.

Chris

Maybe I'm getting old and no offense intended but I have NO IDEA what you just said. I read it twice and it gave me a headache. ???

jom

Maybe I'm getting old and no offense intended but I have NO IDEA what you just said. I read it twice and it gave me a headache. ???

jom

It's very simple! He's PO'ed about the responses he got on his thread, so he thought this would be the perfect place to vent his anger. Poor baby!

Chris

Guys... one party is throwing a fit and another party is calling names... lets collect our thoughts here a bit.. what do you say?

My goodness bug, did you have a bad day? Jacking this thread with off topic stuff and insults is not a cool way to start here. Take it easy, kick back and enjoy. Time will teach you who the experts are. I'm not an expert after 50 years in the hobby but I can hold my own on many areas of the hobby.

poorboy and many others in this thread are true experts. I learn something from the folks here, everyday. At the same time we have fun.

Brandon, hope to see you posting more often.

Jom, I think this was the key phrase:

"...Not off point posts"

This forum welcomes anyone who wants to share in the hobby. We generally don't care what your background is, and I know of no one who professes to be an expert, though there certainly are some here.

We do require you to form complete sentences and proper syntax, in order to overcome the common disadvantages of digital communication; which, if left to chance, might otherwise prevent your intended meaning from coming across.

Wow, there's a lot of nonsense going on both here AND ATS with 'problem' members. If this keeps up, we'll all be meeting up on CoinTalk, as it'll be the only coin forum left. And they'll find a way to mess that up, also.

edited to capitalize AND