• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WHERE EAGLES SOAR posted by mapoka

8 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Time to land and slow down.

I haven't seen any posts on Silver Eagles since I first started collecting a little over a year ago. I might of missed one, if so, that's my fault for not paying attention to the Journal Entry's.

I never posted an entry so I hope I get this figured out on my own. I also plan on trying to upload a picture of my 1988 Eagle because this one when I first started a year ago looked back at me and said "Come and Get Me, Come and Get Me"!

If you read my Bio you would know I collect ASEs only. Just in the last 2 months I was very lucky to upgrade 2 coins, 1987 MS70 and a 1988 MS70 each at a price I could not turn down. I also wanted a 2006 W 20th Anniversary MS70 but instead of purchasing just the one I bought the set at a great price also. I sort of went over my budget! So I decided to just keep up with the new 2014 entry's for my Competitive Sets and hold off on upgrading my MS69s. This might become hard to do because if you are like me and I know all of you are very passionate about your collections, and is all it will take is starting a little researching on the net on a coin and then I'm at it again!

I have been enjoying reading all the Journal Posts and learning about other coins. Also some of you have what I call "The Gift of Gab" which I do not have.

I hope I have shared a little thought on where I am going with my Sets with you and maybe I can stirrup some of you ASE collectors in sharing your knowledge and thoughts. I'm a good listener!

15285.JPG

See more journals by mapoka

What do you mean, you don't have the gift of gab? After reading your bio I noticed that you are quite able to articulate and carry yourself well! Your post is well written and your collecting passion is obvious. Your sets have some outstanding coins in them and I wish you all the best as you update the coins in your sets on your eventual quest for all 70's.

Gary

Sounds like you are on the right track and your set shows it. Since this journal went so well I guess we will hear from you when you get the next upgrade (thumbs u

Eagles and Silver, What a great blend!! :grin: