• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Baystate coin show

11 posts in this topic

I went today, 60-80 tables? The only place I wanted a closer look had no one manning the table. His neighbors said he was around. That helps. At a minimum of $355 a table, you'd think he'd try to make a sale or two. The sellers I did talk to were courteous and helpful. I spent a total of $1.95 for 3 currency pages plus $6.00 admission.

.... plus $6.00 admission.

My mom found a free admission ticket in last Sunday's Boston Globe and saved it for me, so that was nice.

I score 5 nice dimes (3 merc's and 2 Roosevelt's) at sick prices. The two Roosevelt's are MS 65, one with Full Bands and they are nice toners in PCGS slabs...$15 each. I couldn't snap them up fast enough. I would have paid $75 just for the MS65FB.

The Mercury dimes were cool too. A 1937-D in an old PCGS rattler MS65 on the tag, but it's an easy 66 for $25, a 1944 S NGC MS66 for $50 with nice toning, and a 1945 S NGC MS65 for $35. The cool thing, the 45 is actually a non labeled micro S, so that was a big score.

Also got a bunch of junk silver at 16.25x face.

It's only about a 30 minute drive up 495 for me, so it was worth the trip (plus the "sick" day at work made that much better!"

There are opportunities at every coin show even when 95% of the material is fully priced. I set up at the show once around 1999 when it was in Boston. A different time when precious metals were cheap and profit potentials were slim unless you had the right stuff. It's run by Ed Aleo.

Ed Aleo was mentioned in a newsletter "Constitutional Revival" a Connecticut based publication focused on the original principles of the US Constitution and limitations of federal and state power. The losses and tragedies of those who fought the state power have largely been forgotten.