• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009 Ultra High Relief Double Eagle

80 posts in this topic

2009 UHR Pricing Update End-February 2016: Couple of MS70PL's sold in the last day or so on Ebay.....1 NGC and 1 PCGS for $3,600 and $4,242 respectively....then another PCGS for $3,725 earlier in the week.

$100 or so premium for PCGS I can see (though the premium on modern bullion coins seems specious to me). But the $600 premium on the other coin is eye-opening.

$10,750 Too High For MS70 DPL: The very rare DPL designation appears to have cooled....I sometimes get them confused with the FS or ER designation, but I do believe there were sales or asks for $15K to $18K a few years ago. Now, they are not getting bids for under $11,000:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.X2009+ms70+dpl.TRS0&_nkw=2009+ms70+dpl&_sacat=0

$3,200 Or So For Recent Sales of MS-70 Proof-Likes:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_sop=15&_nkw=2009%20ms70%20pl%20UHR&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

Prices rose in recent months, but in May $3,200 - $3,300 was the market. Even with gold higher than my last posts on these coins.

It appears -- correct me if I am wrong -- that as time goes by, the premiums are dissipating as the "rush" to have the most unique coin designations fades and people buy just based on gold content, the design, and maybe tangible qualities like MS70 and/or PL.

Once the overseas buyers got their fill prices fell. A lot went to Japan.

mark

Once the overseas buyers got their fill prices fell. A lot went to Japan. mark

Where did you hear that ?

One of the biggest market makers in this product had a large order to fill. They were strong buyers for quite awhile.

mark

One of the biggest market makers in this product had a large order to fill. They were strong buyers for quite awhile. mark

I didn't know the Japanese were big buyers of the original or the UHR version of the Saint.

Interesting...........

One of the biggest market makers in this product had a large order to fill. They were strong buyers for quite awhile. mark

I didn't know the Japanese were big buyers of the original or the UHR version of the Saint.

Interesting...........

I dont know about the original only the 2009

mark

Just out of curiosity, what are regular PCGS MS-69's and MS-70's worth these days?

Non PL's in PCGS go for about $2350 in 70 and & $2000 in 69.

mark

There are no privately owned small diameter EHR MCMVII $20. The MMIX version was made in 0.999 bullion gold. The so-called "proof like" is simply a later die stage with the die faces being inadvertently smoothed by the polished planchets.

Just out of curiosity, what are regular PCGS MS-69's and MS-70's worth these days?
Non PL's in PCGS go for about $2350 in 70 and & $2000 in 69. mark

That's about right....I see BUY IT NOWs for about 5% less than that going begging so you might be able to get a seller to accept or counteroffer if you offer 10% less than those prices.

Gold is up from when I showed some eBay auction results 15-18 months ago but the premiums have started to fade.

Looks like the "Early Release" designation on a 2009 UHR MS70 is worth about $300 more:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331942927327?ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1435.l2649

The reserve wasn't met, so the seller wanted even more than the $300 gap.