• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Funky bold patina

15 posts in this topic

Hey Thing,

I like that coin, funky patina and all.

By the way, have you and TJ ever given any thought to going on tour together? You two could be the next Martin and Lewis. grin.gif

John

Hey Thing,

I like that coin, funky patina and all.

By the way, have you and TJ ever given any thought to going on tour together? You two could be the next Martin and Lewis. grin.gif

John

I thought about it, but they only let TJ out of his group home for 2 hours, every other weekend. confused-smiley-013.gif

BTW, I agree, it is a very nice coin. I don't have any now, but I've owned a few Bar Kochba coins in the past. They are usually thick coins, about the size of a quarter.

I like the coin a lot, although I can't make out what's on the reverse. Where'd you pick it up? What's the history?

Hoot

I like the coin a lot, although I can't make out what's on the reverse. Where'd you pick it up? What's the history?

Hoot

The reverse is a giant tarantula eating the world. I think.

a1_1_b.JPG

Love the palm tree on the obverse, well struck and well preserved. The reverse looks a little rough - what's up with that color? Think it might be better than the picture?

-JamminJ

I think the reverse is likely better than the pic. If those are the actual colors of the patina, I think its pretty cool. I might bid on it, even though its not my area of collecting. Several times I have purchased Judean coins off of ebay, shot better images, gave better descriptions, and ended up making quite a profit. The best I have done is a 300% profit.

Several times I have purchased Judean coins off of ebay, shot better images, gave better descriptions, and ended up making quite a profit. The best I have done is a 300% profit.

You know what you need to do. Go bravely forth and bid, young man. thumbsup2.gif

-JamminJ

I've gotten really lucky on Atocha coins. Once, on an 8 reale, the coin was a bad "grade 3" more likely a grade 4, and the seller didn't put up very good pics, description, or if it had a CoA. CoA's from Treasure Salvors are a must for all Atocha coins, or they aren't worth much. I took a chance, and got the coin for $40.00 or so. When I get it in, there is a CoA, plus, a four digit date of 1617, which is very VERY rare on Atocha coins. I sold that for $300.00 a week later. Another time, I purchsed a regular 8 reales from the Atocha, and when I get it in w/the CoA, I noticed that Mel Fisher himself had autographed the CoA. I paid $120.00 for it, could get over $350.00 for it.