• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does this look funny to anyone besides me? Another fleabay falsie?

9 posts in this topic

yeah.... it's impossible to tell from the photo. Assuming it's silver, the buyer's won't get hurt too bad I guess, but that reverselooks fake to me.

Don't see why anyone would take the time to make a fake 1884 Morgan..

1894, maybe. But 1884 I don't think so.

What makes you think it's a fake? Can't really see much with these pics but nothing wrong from what I CAN see..

Its such a cruddy photo its hard to tell, but the wings looked wrong to me...of course I have been staring at electrical drawings all day so my eyes hurt before the out of focus photo.....

I'm always a little suspicious when a seller doesn't take the time to get a proper photo of the item they're selling. My thinking is that proper photo = maximum sales potential.

Anyway, tough to tell from the photo, with my head turned sideways trying to view the coin properly.

I'm always a little suspicious when a seller doesn't take the time to get a proper photo of the item they're selling. My thinking is that proper photo = maximum sales potential.

Anyway, tough to tell from the photo, with my head turned sideways trying to view the coin properly.

I can't argue with you there! I may just be overly suspicious, but if so, there must be 10 more bidiots in fleabag that are overly trusting.... I just saw an auction for a 1923 Peace dollar... I kept trying to figure out what was wrong with my internet connection because I couldn't view the photo. Finally I read the description and the seller said what the coin was, but couldn't figure out how to load a photo.... Yet the coin at the time I looked at it had bids North of $25.00...on a coin with no photo! Kind of blew my mind....

I can't argue with you there! I may just be overly suspicious, but if so, there must be 10 more bidiots in fleabag that are overly trusting.... I just saw an auction for a 1923 Peace dollar... I kept trying to figure out what was wrong with my internet connection because I couldn't view the photo. Finally I read the description and the seller said what the coin was, but couldn't figure out how to load a photo.... Yet the coin at the time I looked at it had bids North of $25.00...on a coin with no photo! Kind of blew my mind....

I don't pretend to understand bidding activity on eBay. I also don't lose any sleep over it. IMO, eBay is the largest garage sale in the world. It attracts all kinds.

That being said, I'm constantly amazed at the bidding behaviour. For example, 2014 bullion MS70 ASE's listed at a BIN for ~$50, but watching people bid over that for the same coin in an auction. I wonder why they just didn't spend a little more time "clicking" around to find the best deal.

Your example is a pure head shaker. A Peace dollar has ~$15 worth of silver content and yet people bidding 60% higher for a coin with no picture. Too funny.