• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My first real Commemorative Half.....and something other than a Morgan :)

7 posts in this topic

The only Commemorative I can ever remember owning was a 1983 Proof Olympic Silver Dollar in NGC PR69UC....so this is certainly foreign territory for me. I know that scan doesn't give a great idea of what the coin will look like in hand, but it is in a PCGS holder so I am hoping it's nice and with plenty of luster. I will of course have to post a better picture once I get the coin in hand.

1935-S PCGS-MS65 SILVER SAN DIEGO

yay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

a classic early commem coin with superb eye appeal

and at a price that can only go up with little to no downside wild 893applaud-thumb.gif

and a neat historical coin with much collecting and interesting potential cloud9.gif

michael

You picked a beauty to start with! Michael's right on the price and you got a good deal on it.

Watch out though, once you start collecting these things its tough to stop until you have 'em all!

Congrats on expanding your collecting horizon in a challenging and rewarding direction.

That's a great looking coin and you got it at the right price. It is a gray scale image so the coin may look a bit different in hand. I suspect it will look better though instead of worse. Let us know when you get it. 893applaud-thumb.gif

I agree that these are a wonderfully designed coin. They can also come with intense luster and it looks like your piece may be like that. So, if you thought you were spending all your money on coins before, guess what is going to happen now that you are buying commems? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893whatthe.gif