• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What just happened to wheat cents?

5 posts in this topic

My 7070 type set just dropped in the rankings. I looked at the sets that jumped and it appears that they got a huge score increase, in some cases as much as 15,000 points, for including a proof wheat cent instead of a high MS wheat cent. Wonder how many will jump on eBay to pick up a PF68 red for $50 OBO to jump their registry score by 6,000 points.

I guess I am the only one who noticed or cares that the dramatic re-scoring of proof wheat cents has inadvertently skewed several participants' Type sets higher? If you take a look you will quickly notice this was not intended and is a problem.

http://coins.www.collectors-society.com/registry/coins/public_sets.aspx?CategoryID=9&SetTypeID=1004&sets=us&Ranking=all

• Administrator

There was a recent score increase for the 1C LINCOLN WHEAT REVERSE 1909-1958 Type Score. If you are curious about a score change in a competitive set, you may click on the HISTORY tab of the set. Thank you.

There was a recent score increase for the 1C LINCOLN WHEAT REVERSE 1909-1958 Type Score. If you are curious about a score change in a competitive set, you may click on the HISTORY tab of the set. Thank you.

My question is not how to determine which scores changed, but rather why no one took into consideration the effect that such an extreme score increase for the 1C LINCOLN WHEAT REVERSE 1909-1958 Type Score would cause on other sets such as the 20th Century Type Set, Basic US Type Set, and others where the 1C LINCOLN WHEAT is just one of many coins?

• Administrator

Score changes are done on a continual rolling basis. An increase to the score of one coin results in an increase for everyone who owns the same coin. (Conversely, If we find an error and need to reduce a score, then the score reduction also happens across the board, so to speak.) Thank you.