• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTB: Al C. Overton book

6 posts in this topic

I missed out on an eBay auction for this book and I'm hoping someone has an extra they would like to sell. Please PM me with your price.

Title: "Early Half Dollar Die Varieties" 1794-1836

Author: Al C. Overton

Thank you,

Joe

I've seen used copies on Amazon from time to time..... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

What edition are you looking for? I ask because the new 5th edition is due in March. It's available from Sheridan Downey at his website. http://www.sheridanscoins.com/

Sheridan's blurb...

Overton Book – 5th Edition

Don Parsley (Al Overton’s son-in-law) has completed his revision of the standard reference work on bust half-dollars, United States Early Half Dollar Die Varieties 1794-1836. The 5th edition is at the printers and is now scheduled for shipment in March. Don tells me the size of the book is reduced by 70 pages. The photos are the same as in the 4th edition but printed on white coated paper that will prevent bleeding and sharpen the images. The Condition Census and rarity ratings have undergone substantial revision.

The retail price is $85 per copy. I placed a substantial order and am happy to offer copies at the discounted price of $69, including shipping via USPS media mail. Add $5 if you prefer that your copy be sent priority mail. There is no sales tax unless your book is shipped to California. Then add 9%. This price will hold until my initial order is sold out. Place your order now.

What edition are you looking for? I ask because the new 5th edition is due in March. It's available from Sheridan Downey at his website. http://www.sheridanscoins.com/

Sheridan's blurb...

Overton Book – 5th Edition

Don Parsley (Al Overton’s son-in-law) has completed his revision of the standard reference work on bust half-dollars, United States Early Half Dollar Die Varieties 1794-1836. The 5th edition is at the printers and is now scheduled for shipment in March. Don tells me the size of the book is reduced by 70 pages. The photos are the same as in the 4th edition but printed on white coated paper that will prevent bleeding and sharpen the images. The Condition Census and rarity ratings have undergone substantial revision.

The retail price is $85 per copy. I placed a substantial order and am happy to offer copies at the discounted price of $69, including shipping via USPS media mail. Add $5 if you prefer that your copy be sent priority mail. There is no sales tax unless your book is shipped to California. Then add 9%. This price will hold until my initial order is sold out. Place your order now.

Thanks for the heads up. I spoke with Sheridan this morning and ordered the book.

Carl