• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

'98-''99-2000 Type II Lincolns

7 posts in this topic

I recently found another 2000 Type 2's in change. Has anyone found a 98 or 99 in change? Anyone think these will be valuable in the future? I'm very interested in these but many of the coin people I have talked to don't seem to know too much about these or have too much interest in these.

I'd love to find a '99 as the price for them right now is pretty high. Can I find these anywhere online?

Dave

I found a high grade AU '98 a couple years back. The premium for them will continue but it may well go up or down. Eventually many of the old Lincoln sets will be brought up to date and there will be some memorial cents in short supply. The number of type II's is far lower than the number of wheat collections. Of course, much also depends on whether collectors feel these are needed in the collection.

Dave - Can you post some pics of T1 and T2 pieces to inform me and the ignorant public? insane.gif I think I've read about these, but I can't recall - something about the reverse lettering? What are the differences?

Hoot

This really isn't something the general public should know about until I corner the market on the coins. Just let this thread die! devil.gif

Basically, in 1998, 1999, 2000 (1992-D) the reverse of some lincolns were struck with "proof like" dies.

On the Business Strikes (Type I), the A and M in America were designed close together, sort of like "AM"

But on the Type II, it is believed they used "proof dies" which had the A and M in America had more space between them, Sort of like "A M"

There is a website that has additional information but I do not have the information on hand but will see if I can post it later.

Dave