• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1921 Morgan Silver Dollar

5 posts in this topic

This coin (1921-S Morgan dollar) grades Fine-15. It is remarkable because it does not have any scratches or rim problems and has not been cleaned, at least going by the photo.

Still this probably one of the more common dates in the Morgan dollar series with a mintage of over 21 million. As such its value is tied to bullion plus the small premium that is attached to circulated Morgan dollars.

thank you Bill--- appreciate the information.

It hasn't been washed by me but I've only had it for a short while I just really like the coin design. Got it from my brother when his wife inherited her grandfathers coins and rest of his fortune. Old guy was hoarding silver. I have one other one that is part of a money clip-- good to know it should stay a money clip

I agree mostly with Bill with the exception that the face looks like it's been scrubbed somewhat, the lines that go from North to South. It's essentially a bullion piece and add a couple of bucks.

I agree mostly with Bill with the exception that the face looks like it's been scrubbed somewhat, the lines that go from North to South. It's essentially a bullion piece and add a couple of bucks.

Good observation. (thumbs u

Once you get to well circulated grade like this, you more or less expect to find something. Unless it is a rare date, that "something" really doesn't mean much in determining the value.