• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are you on a dealer's "no buy" list...........

14 posts in this topic

Well, we all know about the "no-fly" list that the TSA uses to keep some nefarious passengers off airplanes. So are you on any coin dealer's "no buy" list, where the dealer refuses to sell to you? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

TRUTH

Not to my knowledge. However, I do have a few dealers on my own "no buy" list whom I avoid.

How about you? Anyone you refuse to deal with?

-JamminJ

"How about you? Anyone you refuse to deal with?"

Absolutely.

There are several levels at which I do (or don't do) business.

Level 1- CODE DOUBLERED. The known crook, who alters coins for profit. I absolutely refuse to do any kind of business.

Level 2- CODE RED. The known thief, who actually steals coins or money. I absolutely refuse to do any kind of business.

Level 3- CODE ORANGE. The AT artist who colors coins, can be a true artisan and can make a coin beautiful. Very limited business.

Level 4- CODE YELLOW. The dealer who has poor business practices, but not criminal intentions. Limited business.

Level 5- CODE BLUE. The dealer who prices high, but has fair business practices.

Probably the dealer of who most my business is transacted.

Level 6- CODE GREEN. The dealer who has great integrity, great business practices, but limited about of items I need. I have no hesitancy in giving coins on consignment or trusting with information. Small amount of business. I literally count 10 dealers in this class.

Level 1 and 2 dealers make up a small, but cancerous proportion of the coin industry. Unfortunately, they make money for people, and cannot be eliminated, no matter how much effort is made.

Level 4 and 5 dealers, make up most of the hobby and profession.

Now if you want names, heh, heh, heh. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Sorry, not today. wink.gif

TRUTH

You missed one type of dealer. The one who will not buy back their own material without trying to knock it down (2) grades below the TPG.

Yeah, I know one "highly respected" dealer that does that... mad.gif

jom

Hey Jom, don't hold back. laugh.gif Fill us in. wink.gif

I don't think I'm on anyones "no buy list".

Let me know how I know if I'm on someones list and I'll tell you if I think I'm there. smile.gif

I have not had any problems with AHcollectables. My transaction was uneventful.

However I do have one dealer on my don't bid list. I paid on time but still was reported as a non-paying bidder AFTER the check had already cleared my bank. Was over-charged on shipping too.

I sent a 2nd check which was cashed yet was told that neither check had been received when both had already been cashed. I started a dispute of my own and magically the seller recalled receiving one check but claimed the item was lost in the mail but agreed to send me another of the item despite my not having paid additional for insurance. Instead they sent me a different item. After I emailed copies of the cashed checks the seller said I was crazy and didn't know what I was talking about and was tired of getting so many emails!

Eventually, I did get a refund of one of my payments but no adjustment for the price difference of the item received. sign-rantpost.gif

I am usually slow to anger, but this seller is something else! And I'm not the only one they screwed, but the other buyer got nothing at all so I guess I am lucky. takeit.gif

I'm on AHcollectables ebay blocked bidders list. For some reason, that doesn't bother me at all. yay.gif

That's the only one I know about.

When he blocked a bunch of RCC posters I tried to bid an was not blocked. The auction was ended later and his new auctions said no RCC bidders. 27_laughing.gif I assume I am blocked by him, but since he is such a pathetic scumbag that is a good thing!

Level 1- CODE DOUBLERED. The known crook, who alters coins for profit. I absolutely refuse to do any kind of business.

Level 2- CODE RED. The known thief, who actually steals coins or money. I absolutely refuse to do any kind of business.

I'm not a coinee but the post title interested me. Do you really consider that someone who alters coins for profit is actually worse (doublered not red) than someone who steals? 893whatthe.gif

When the RCC blocking started, I bid on a coin and was not blocked. The next day my bid was cancelled and I tried to bid again only to find out that I was blocked.

I was bidding only to see if I was blocked because of posting on RCC, but if I had won the coin I would have honored my bid and not given false feedback. AH seems to cut off his own foot to treat a stubbed toe.