• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's hot, what's not

24 posts in this topic

Sadly the old silver commemorative coins have gone beyond "not hot." I think that they have died. zzz

And I, for one, am very very grateful.

I feel almost sinful about the Set I have assembled at the cost assembled.

Hope the down trend lasts another 6 months or so. :whee:

Sadly the old silver commemorative coins have gone beyond "not hot." I think that they have died. zzz

I don't guarantee much but I can almost guarantee you that your wish will come true.... possibly 10 fold :)

I don't guarantee much but I can almost guarantee you that your wish will come true.... possibly 10 fold :)

Thank goodness.

I will be satisfied. :cloud9:

Toned Peace $ not hot...

They are when they can be found, and to collectors that know what they are and how hard to find they are.

Are you just saying that so I will send you mine because you are planting the seed in my mind that I am wasting my time keeping the ones I have? :gossip::banana:

I wasn't born yesterday, you know.... :sumo::foryou:

i'd say, in general, anything silver or gold is hotter than it was 15 years ago due to the commodities market. but that can't last forever.

not hot...i'd say u.s. proofs dated 1965-present and world coins in general.

i'd say, in general, anything silver or gold is hotter than it was 15 years ago due to the commodities market. but that can't last forever.

not hot...i'd say u.s. proofs dated 1965-present and world coins in general.

Oh, O :oh....

You better watch out, because Mr. World Colonial will be along in a moment to pin your ears back for that world coins in general thing...wow, are you gonna get it.. :preach::banana::foryou:

Toned Peace $ not hot...

They are when they can be found, and to collectors that know what they are and how hard to find they are.

Are you just saying that so I will send you mine because you are planting the seed in my mind that I am wasting my time keeping the ones I have? :gossip::banana:

I wasn't born yesterday, you know.... :sumo::foryou:

Of course keep the ones that you have but be careful about the prices some sellers are asking for - prices are down on these coins over the past year. Thats why I say they are not hot.

Prooflikes are on fire. I keep getting blown up. My fault I guess, for talking about them :(

Attractively toned, original, problem free Capped Bust Halves are on a winning streak right now as well, it seems.

Not hot? Franklins.

I would say ikes, susan b anthonys, kennedys are not hot at all.

Really? I feel like Kennedy's are hotter than ever.

This is one series that is doing really REALLY good lately

Mercury dimes, Walkers in any grade, common dollars and Commems. (the real ones, not the new made for collectors) are all flat.

Bust anything, attractive toners, high grade hard to locate dollars and most MS indian cents are hot issues.

Jefferson, Ike, Anthony, commemorative, and rest of modern coins (except Kennedy and Franklin) are just dull to me.. Any extreme scarce, proof, DPL, PL, variety, attractive/luster coins are super hot issue! Just my 2 cents.