• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Think I finally have the Images on the Walking Liberty's...

18 posts in this topic

Depending on what photo host service you are using, you might not have changed the permission to share them with the public.

It is really hard to tell much from the pictures even when you go to photobucket and view them larger. Those are some very high dollar coins if they are genuine and worth allot more if they are not cleaned.

There are some on here that specialize in that series and maybe they can make something out from those pictures.

If they are genuine and even close to MS they are worth a great amount of money graded and certified. Even in a details holder those years would still be a highly sought after item.

Need better pictures.

Thank you very much for the response. I am working on trying to figure out how to get these pics better ans what site to use.

I have actually taken them to a few coin places to have them looked at, but they all said that they would like for me to send them off and have them graded first.

Thanks,

21 definitely looks cleaned but will still be a high dollar value coin, 21d is meh and the 21s could be (still looks cleaned but not as bad as the 21) the best of the bunch. I'm no expert but I think you are the recipient of some good money going from what I can see by your images. (thumbs u

Definitely send them away to be graded, and don't sell them until you learn more about them/their value. You will definitely be taken advantage of over these dates. Great find on some very tough dates. If you're looking to get rid of them you'll make some good money no matter what they come back as. Even if they details grade you're looking at a nice paycheck.

Edited to Add: The second and third one look cleaned from what I can tell from the picture. As far as the first one, I can't say.

Offering grades based on your photos will be difficult for anyone here , based on what I can see here are my thoughts.

From top to Bottom:

The 1921 – does look to be MS or a dipped Au 58.

The 1921 – D looks to have details of a VG 10 – looks like it was cleaned.

The 1921 –S looks to be a polished Au .

Regardless you need to have these coins authenticated. If you have a local dealer I would start there first just to get an idea as to what you have. Even if the 1921 P and S are cleaned they still have a lot of value.

How long had you Dad owned these coins ??

Mark,

I actually have gone to 2 different dealers by where I live and they seemed to be impressed by the coins. The way the story goes is my Grandfather has been collecting since he was young and he passed away this past June. So when I went to visit my Dad he gave me cases full of old coins...I haven't even gone through them all yet...Very hard to do since I have really no knowledge of coins, but I'm learning. I also have a 1916D Mercury Dime that I want to send of as well. A lot of people have told me that they made a lot of fakes so I'm a little worried about that too...These are not the only Walking Liberty's that I have, he gave me 3 complete sets that are all in the Walking Liberty books....

It's really amaizing!!!

Thanks again Mark....

Mark,

I actually have gone to 2 different dealers by where I live and they seemed to be impressed by the coins. The way the story goes is my Grandfather has been collecting since he was young and he passed away this past June. So when I went to visit my Dad he gave me cases full of old coins...I haven't even gone through them all yet...Very hard to do since I have really no knowledge of coins, but I'm learning. I also have a 1916D Mercury Dime that I want to send of as well. A lot of people have told me that they made a lot of fakes so I'm a little worried about that too...These are not the only Walking Liberty's that I have, he gave me 3 complete sets that are all in the Walking Liberty books....

It's really amaizing!!!

Thanks again Mark....

Sounds like you have quite a collection . Please let us know how they grade .

Can you post a picture of that 1916 - D ?

Welcome to the boards. I hope you enjoy the coins you've received and sparks an interest for you in the hobby.

Do yourself a favor and buy a Red Book. Here's a link to the book I'm recommending. It has a lot of great information about U.S. Coins. You can disregard the pricing as it's more of an estimate than anything else. Coin pricing fluctuates and by the time the Book is printed, there's no telling which series/grade have changed. 2013 or 2014, doesn't matter wich.

https://www.google.com/#q=red+book+u.s.+coins

This book can help you better identify the coins, the rarity and a very general value. This site has pricing information too. I would also recommend Heritage Auctions archives, but that's getting ahead of the game.

Buy the book and start getting a feel for what you have and then come back here and ask questions.