• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yesterday NEWPS lead to me PHOTOGRAPHING this NEWP

7 posts in this topic

Yesterday, I shared with you my NEWPS IN THIS THREAD

with a fancy shot of my three new lights.

At FUN, I Cherrypicked the below coin and I had Todd photograph it so I could quickly share it in my FUN report.

He did a great job with the photos but I of course wanted to image it myself to see how I could do. The desire is to

get accurate colors and portray the luster accurately was my goal. I believe I did. I would not have been able to do this

with my two CFL bulky desk lamp setup...yesterday I bought new lights and I am very pleased with the results. :)

1941_DDO_FS-101_RAW_2.jpg

Great pics! Can you re-post Todd's so we can compare?

The obverse color looks nice, but the luster appears muted. Is that how the coin actually looks, or is it an artifact of the image?

There appear to be areas of the reverse in shadow, especially around the edges. Try re-positioning the lights to fix that.

Overall, very good images - ones that certainly would be happy with!

Great pics! Can you re-post Todd's so we can compare?

The obverse color looks nice, but the luster appears muted. Is that how the coin actually looks, or is it an artifact of the image?

There appear to be areas of the reverse in shadow, especially around the edges. Try re-positioning the lights to fix that.

Overall, very good images - ones that certainly would be happy with!

This thread is not about comparison as I did not want to do that. His images depict the coin very well and are very nice.

This coin could easily be imaged a thousand different ways due to the toning, colors, great luster in some areas and muted

luster in others. So yes, the luster is muted, especially on the reverse. On the reverse, the toning is darker around the edges.

I believe the images are an accurate portrayal of the coin...although the shot I posted here is a little brighter than the coin in

hand, depending upon the light etc...I really wanted to show the color and luster, especially on the obverse, so the coin

needed a bit more light to make that happen.