• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grade of this coin.

8 posts in this topic

JP welcome to the boards.

The coin you have pictured is the first commemorative half that was minted. This is the second year of minting. Unfortunately, the coin has been severely cleaned, appears to have been gone over with a pencil eraser or the like. The fortunate part of this is that the coin in its original state, which doesn't appear to have been mint state, didn't carry much of a premium above silver value. Current silver melt value for a half dollar is just above $7. So really that's what this coin is worth.

Thank You! I am still learning. I will post more pics of my other coins today so they can be evaluated. I plan in the next day or two to join NGC so I can have direct submit access. Once again Thank You!

AU sharpness, improperly cleaned. The coin is only worth around the silver melt price. Before an abrasive was used on it, it may have been a darkly toned Mint State coin.

Thank You! I am still learning. I will post more pics of my other coins today so they can be evaluated. I plan in the next day or two to join NGC so I can have direct submit access. Once again Thank You!

You might want to continue to get opinions here, before you pay to have any coins graded.