• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mintage numbers not available here... so where?

4 posts in this topic

Can anyone tell me where I can go to find accurate mintage numbers on some of the modern coins that NGC does not have a listed overall mintage for?

I searched the mint and I could not come up with anything. Possibly I overlooked?

The US Mint site is not easy to navigate. If you just what to buy the latest offering you can find that easy enough, but most other things require a through searching.

Try this link for finding production figures

http://www.usmint.gov/about_the_mint/?action=coin_production

That link had a great amount of useful numbers, however for some unknown reason they are either vague on some of the 2012 numbers or are not reporting them at all.

I was trying to actually figure out what the mintage total of Proof .5C in 2012 and all I see listed, that would contain the nickel are the 'Birth Sets'. I downloaded the entire spreadsheet of data and they have no 2012 Proof Sets listed in the figures.

I thought; Well maybe they are still selling them and that is why, but I can't find them for sell on the site either.

I think it must be a conspiracy!!!

No longer a conspiracy. I now have an approximate number of 2012 Proof Coins minted.

Clad Proof Sets: 789,782

Silver Proof Sets: 395,443

Birth Year Sets (are they proofs?): 706,330

Total 2012 Proof Nickels Minted (counting Birth Sets): 1,891,555

But I do not think that Birth Year Sets can be considered Proofs so .....

2012 Nickel Proofs Total: 1,185,225

2011 Nickel Proofs Total: 1,453,276

2010 Nickel Proofs Total: 1,689,364

Not exactly a low mintage year as some claim.

That was a real waste of my time! lol