• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Auction House posted by Six Mile Rick

3 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

I finally decided to use a different option to sell these sets.

Friends,

I sent in quite a few submissions last year. Of course there are great coins and then plenty of lower grades when you submit them. I added to my sets as I got my returns and then added to the sets here on this page as well. With 2013 over and still so many coins left on this page I decided to try a auction house and see where I end up in value percentage in sales. I was waiting for some coin sales last year to be able to send in a few more submissions but that never happened.

I sure hope this pans out well as I will eventually send in better coins left on this page and that will get me the cash I need to send in some really nice business strikes I have saved up for submissions. I hope to have all my mint sets at 50% complete -- 1936 to date -- by the end of the year.

On the other end of my collecting I need only 46 more coins to complete my proof sets 1999 to date complete. I hope to complete that group by the end of this year as well!!!

HAPPY COIN COLLECTING

15051.jpg

See more journals by Six Mile Rick

Rick,

Best of luck on the submissions and taking a shot at the auction houses to increase your profits.

You know what I need for my Lincoln sets. Just saying!

Michael

Thanks Michael,

The coins that I am sending to the auction house are 1 to 3 pointers. Not really coins that will boost a members set. It will be nice to get back on track with the submissions and add to others sets!! :)

I was surprised to find that I sent the state quarters in and nobody wanted any. I will need to cut those submissions to 2 of each for sure!!

I kept a few Lincolns, clad dimes and state quarters that will boost other members sets for future sale or trades.