• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I got my web page loaded.......horray for me, now come see!!!!

11 posts in this topic

Ok, this is the first time I have ever attempted to put together a page so it's about as basic as you can get. I am going to make a lot of modifications and additions to it as I go so feedback would be very helpful at this point. Color schemes, fonts, images....you name it if you don't like it let me know. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I would have liked to have used thumbnail images and then allowed the viewer to click on the images to enlarge, but I don't know how to do it.

Again, thanks for looking and other than, "your site sucks" all feedback is welcome. thumbsup2.gif

My Morgan Web Page

Great start! I hope you're able to make the pages with thumbnails that you can click on for larger images. Otherwise, when your collection grows, it'll be a l-o-n-g douwnload time! But I love the images - great coins! thumbsup2.gif Hope you're able to add some accompanying text too!

Hoot

Yep, I think that's what I am planning on.......like maybe information about each coin, mintage numbers etc. I'll figure out the thumbnail thing and get it set up that way in the next couple of weeks and then post the site again, when I get it looking better.

Thanks for looking all!!!! headbang.gif

Looks nice Krypto. Some of the photos look like they have been manipulated a little. Just a bit more practice with the camera and you are there. Great start.

I like it a lot! smile.gif

It's already been mentioned, but you should try to put the images in as thumbnails in order to make the page loading quicker. Your command might be something like "scrapbook" to get this feature. As for the black background, I find it difficult to read much text off of that type of scheme. If others also feel this way then you might be better off changing the color. That last Morgan looks might cool...106 strikes to a single piece...how much might I be able to offer for that? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Did you make that image?

I'd agree on the thumbnail idea with year, mm, ect below it. Just a suggestion from my personal taste, try and make the images fit onto a single page view, so you don't have to scroll left or right to see the entire image. I only notice that since your pics are side to side. If you set up thumbnails, Id suggest using seperate windows for each obverse and reverse, or setting them up vertically up and down the page. And as someone else stated see what you can do about the quality of the images, they look a little fuzzy to me. If your gonna be showing off your collection of these beauties make them look clear, crisp, and nice. Hope my critismism wasn't too constructive for you. BTW - I like that "106 strike" Morgan on the bottom. 27_laughing.gif What's the starting bid! 27_laughing.gif

Yes Tom I made that Image and the reverse negative type image at the top myself.

More great feedback and much appreciated. I thought the black background might be too much, but thought white might not show off the coins to well.

As for the picture quality, I think most are ok....if not the best I can do with my equipment, but some were the stock photos from the auctions so I plan to rescan those to make them match the rest and hopefully that will make them clearer....the 1885 comes to mind right off hand. The image wasn't very large and when I adjusted the scan size it made it fuzzy........these minor things I can fix pretty easily. The thumbnails I will work on, but it might take me a week or two to get taken care of.

I also like the sugestion of the Obverse and Reverse Scans being seperate and since I scaned all the coins that way and merged them together using Paint, I don't have to rescan the coins.....I have the images by themselves.

Wow I have a lot of work to do, but this will be a labor of love and as my collection grows it will certainly be a site I can really be proud of. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Nice looking coins and a fine job on setting them up on your site. You've heard it before though, thumbnails would help. I couldn't stay long enough to see the multiple struck Morgan. frown.gif