• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Replacement

9 posts in this topic

1833 Capped Bust quarter

I wrote a journal a while back about a 1833 Capped Bust quarter that I purchased. That particular quarter wound up being stolen and was returned to the rightful owner. I had been searching for a replacement and found one about a month ago. PCGS EF-45

15044.jpg

See more journals by jayman1970

I also remember that previous purchase and subsequent disappointment. That is a very nice looking coin so I would imagine you are very happy with that purchase.

Jason,

I'm sorry I missed your journal on your buying a stolen coin. were you able to recoup your money from the seller? And with any luck I hope he or she is in jail for selling stolen products. That is one reason I never buy on Ebay.

But it looks like you found a fantastic replacement for the coin,

Happy Collecting and may God Bless...Mike

Mike, I did recoup my money from the stolen coin, the guy I bought it from was a pawn shop owner who listed it on ebay. The last I heard he was working with the local P.D to catch the person that sold it to him.

Doug, I am very sorry that I didn't get the chance to meet up with you, but I am looking forward to the summer show.

Jason