• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Created a Web Page....now what????

9 posts in this topic

Ok so I finally decided to create a Web Page to show of my Toned Morgans using Netscape Composer. I think it looks pretty good, but when I go to publish it....you know upload it to my server it's not working???

Since I have never tried this before I will assume that I am doing something incorrectly so I am coming to the experts fo help.

I have uploaded images a thousand times to my free web space the Adelphia gives me on thier server, but I haven't tried to upload a whole page before. So if I have a page created, how do it get it on the Web if I can't upload it through Adelphia's server????

If I am going about this the wrong way, please ignore them post and forget I even brought it up foreheadslap.gif

Here is the exact error I am getting:

Error uploading files

The server responded:

Access forbidden!

You don't have permission to access the

requested object. It is either read-protected or

not readable by the server.

If you think this is a server error, please contact

the webmaster

Error 403

users.adelphia.net

Sat 30 Oct 2004 09:44:30 PM EDT

Apache/2.0.40 (Red Hat Linux)

Ok I checked all of the image files on my hard drive that are on the web page and none are read only??????

I still can't publish the page and I am wondering how everyone uploaded their pages to a server once they completed a page. I input the same info I normally do when I am uploading an image to the server and that doesn't work so what's the trick with an actual web page...........any help would be greatly appreciated 893crossfingers-thumb.gif