• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Standing Liberty Quarters

15 posts in this topic

Dont take this the wrong way, but high grade attractive SLQ's will garner a premium. It also depends on what you consider high grade AU58 or MS66?

I looked long and hard before I posted a want on the bst where a handful were offered. This is what I got for a small premium many nice coins of this series will bring more of a premium.

quarter1929ngc65FHlast.jpg

Thanks for the compliments

Right after I bought this coin I had a chance to pick up a few fantastic wheats and put the coin up for sale with a few others. Luckily I had it priced very high and a couple of others sold first. I am sure I would have been disappointed to have sold it eventually.

Regardless of what others say, eBay does have some dandy coins and some of the sellers incorporate a little "wiggle-room" in their prices.

GreatCollections is another auction website that has some pretty decent coins, although there is a lot of "details" coins.

Collectors Corner has an agglomeration of dealers to display their coins, although there are a few who state that "Images Not Available".

What kind of coin dealer does not provide images??? Answer: A coin dealer who does not get my business.

It takes patience to assemble a nice looking set of Standing Liberty quarters. The design is too detailed for such a small coin, and the placement of major elements made it difficult to manufacture well struck coins.

So-called "mint state" grading has little to do with the overall quality of the coin. I've seen many "MS 66" SLQs that were unattractive, and I've seen true AU coins that are beautiful.

Here are two pretty neat coins I used to own. An MS65 and an AU58FH. Both sold for premiums...

25c-17d1_small_zps5ae95d9a.jpg

25c-17p1_zps45b49440.jpg

jom

Jom,

I find both those SLQ's to be quite attractive. I'm not a fan of the overall design of the series, but I could see myself owning both those coins. Why did you sell them?

Jom,

I find both those SLQ's to be quite attractive. I'm not a fan of the overall design of the series, but I could see myself owning both those coins. Why did you sell them?

I was moving out of my 20th Century collecting sets. I have been moving toward early Bust material for several years now....

I'm surprised you aren't a fan of the SLQ design...I don't think I've actually met anyone who doesn't like that design.

jom

Jom,

I was moving out of my 20th Century collecting sets. I have been moving toward early Bust material for several years now....

I'm surprised you aren't a fan of the SLQ design...I don't think I've actually met anyone who doesn't like that design.

jom

I have 2, one for my 7070 and one toned. I think the coin is too busy for my tastes and the shield reminds me of Captain America. I don't say much about the coin because we all have different tastes. The design just doesn't resonate with me.