• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Congratulations to this years registry set winners!!!!!!

10 posts in this topic

This will never happen, but it sure would be nice for us average folks if there were a few reasonable conditions that would have to be met in order for someone to be declared a "winner."

First, and this may be a rule already, but no obscured sets.

Second, you should own the coins in your set.

Third, Dealer sets for clients seem like advertisements.

Fourth, have pictures for at least 75%, and preferably 100%, of your coins.

Fifth, have descriptions for at least 75%, and preferably 100%, of your coins.

Sixth, do something (upgrade, photo, description) to your set within the last 12 months.

Seventh, since this is the NGC site, your set should include at least one NGC graded coin.

Congratulations to all who won, but particularly those who met the above criteria.

First and foremost; Congratulations to all those that won recognition on some very spectacular sets. (thumbs u

First, and this may be a rule already, but no obscured sets.

I agree that this can be a pain, not being able to see what the leaders may have in their sets but I can also see that the other side of this argument (minimizing risk associated with letting the world view million dollar collections and the need for privacy) trumps the need for others to be able to view them at any time.

You are, however, able to view these sets during the yearly awards time frame since they have to be unobscured to qualify from what I understand.

Second, you should own the coins in your set.

Third, Dealer sets for clients seem like advertisements.

Fourth, have pictures for at least 75%, and preferably 100%, of your coins.

Fifth, have descriptions for at least 75%, and preferably 100%, of your coins.

Sixth, do something (upgrade, photo, description) to your set within the last 12 months.

Seventh, since this is the NGC site, your set should include at least one NGC graded coin.

I agree 100% with you on these elements you highlight.

Congrats to the winners. When I get home from FUN, I look forward to perusing them more thoroughly.

Did you find anything to buy down there? I have several friends from the Charleston area who headed down. At least one flew, but the rest drove.

Congrats to the winners. When I get home from FUN, I look forward to perusing them more thoroughly.

Did you find anything to buy down there? I have several friends from the Charleston area who headed down. At least one flew, but the rest drove.

I found a couple of things. I'll post a show report when I get home.