• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FUN show Onsite Coin Photography

13 posts in this topic

My table will be setup for photos inside the show, drop off your coins, shop, come back for your coins. I will be at table 1135/1137 doing the imaging along with a selection of Morgans toners, DMPLs, PLs and GSA for sale. My upcoming shows are FUN, Long Beach then Baltimore. When possible please email or PM me what day and the number of coins you are bringing. I will be leaving the bourse Sunday early afternoon.

Please PM any questions you may have and feel free to PM if you are interested.

Feel free to check out my Samples page to see more examples or see my website at BluCC Photos

Edited images like below run $14, shots with no edits (closeup of obverse and reverse and full slab shots of each shot for 4 shots total) are $8, for images with closeups add $3.

Look forward to seeing forum members at the show, always feel free just to come by and say Hi!!

15.jpg

183.jpg

29.jpg

39.jpg

44.jpg

106.jpg

What kinda camera did you use Blu62vette? The pictures you took are just stunning.....

I currently use a Nikon D7000, but there are many many cameras out there that will take great images.

Here is one thing about my camera. There have been 113,364 images taken with it. My folder where I archive all my original images in creeping on 300,000 images. All of these images taken by me, in my office or at a show. Much of coin photography is a matter of practice more than equipment.

Out of curiosity, what lens do you use? (I'm using the Tokina 100mm f 2.8 macro with my D600.)

I have the same camera. Do you use the same lens for all your coin photography?

I'm going to guess that he uses a 100mm macro lens of some sort for his images.

You both realize that good coin photos are about HOW you use the equipment, not necessarily about WHAT equipment you use?? Todd's one of the best there is and an incredibly nice guy and giving with his time, but I think there is a very good reason he gave the answer to another poster above. He's not going to convey the knowledge he has learned in the past 300,000 images he has taken by telling which camera and lens he uses!!! There really is no substitute for thousands of practice images. ;)

As stated above, it was just out of curiosity. As someone trained in a field that requires almost incessant repetition and experience (and as someone who taught myself to take dance photography by taking over 150,000 images), I would never assume that "buying all the right toys would make you an expert." :)

Out of curiosity, what lens do you use? (I'm using the Tokina 100mm f 2.8 macro with my D600.)

You both realize that good coin photos are about HOW you use the equipment, not necessarily about WHAT equipment you use?? Todd's one of the best there is and an incredibly nice guy and giving with his time, but I think there is a very good reason he gave the answer to another poster above. He's not going to convey the knowledge he has learned in the past 300,000 images he has taken by telling which camera and lens he uses!!! There really is no substitute for thousands of practice images. ;)

I'm sure he appreciates you speaking for him. Also, thanks for the condescending tone.

I'm sure he appreciates you speaking for him. Also, thanks for the condescending tone.

:facepalm:

Direct quote from Todd: "Much of coin photography is a matter of practice more than equipment."

I wasn't condescending, I was direct. Interpret it otherwise if you so desire.

This will be my final post in this thread so as not to hijack/derail it further from its original intent of advertising photography at the FUN show!

Now that I am sitting in the airport with a four hour flight delay I have some time to respond. I also didn't want to bump my thread to soon.

BRG was being helpful in his response. Sometimes when people ask for camera/lens info I don't like to answer because I don't know the person asking. I have had people want to buy my exact setup, spend the money, and then call Nikon support to figure out how to turn the camera on. Makes me feel bad they spent the money. This is why I get gun shy about responding with info, I don't know everyones experience and situation, and need to make a point that imaging coins does not come easy. Also this is my only form of income, so there are things I keep close to my chest.

For lenses, I have a drawer full. Nikon 60mm macro, (2) nikon 105mm macro, Sigma 150mm macro, Tamron 180mm macro.

For many people the Tamron is too tall, I am 6' 1 and have to stand on something to be able to use it.

I am trying to make my way to FUN now, ready to shoot a bunch of coins. And hopefully sell some also.