• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

World Registry Sets

8 posts in this topic

I've heard that there is a thread regarding a disagreement on whether or not to have the ability to include PCGS into the registry sets like is allowed in the US registry. I understand that there were hard feelings, but I would like to read the tread out of curiosity.

It you can provide a link, Id appreciate it. I cannot find it by conducting a search.

My intent is not to start the discussion again - only to read the old one.

Thanks

I don't know where is that thread, but actually I'm pretty happy right now, that NGC do not accept PCGS graded coins to their registry.

I use to have No.1 Lithuanian Registry set which consisted of half NGC and half PCGS coins. It took me a great time to make that registry set look nice (take photos, write descriptions and so on). Now that set sits quietly in my safety deposit box and no one except me can enjoy and see them.

Well, I guess nobody, except me, cares about my set anyway! ;)

I don't know where is that thread, but actually I'm pretty happy right now, that NGC do not accept PCGS graded coins to their registry.

I use to have No.1 Lithuanian Registry set which consisted of half NGC and half PCGS coins. It took me a great time to make that registry set look nice (take photos, write descriptions and so on). Now that set sits quietly in my safety deposit box and no one except me can enjoy and see them.

Well, I guess nobody, except me, cares about my set anyway! ;)

There's nothing stopping you from creating a custom set to display these coins. Yeah, you don't have the "bragging rights" of a competitive set, but that's not why most of us collect anyway. I know I'd enjoy seeing your coins all together again in a Custom Set. (shrug)

I actually had made my personal website to display those coins, but currently I cannot share the address, because I'm working on another project and deleted that site.

I didn't knew about Customs sets category, thanks brg, I might upload my set in there one of these days..

I am confused why you deleted the website ... it would have been easy enough to just add a menu selection or link so that you could have had both. I am assuming (perhaps wrongly) that the photographs, since they take up quite a bit of allocated space, were on a third party site similar to what we have to do here to post a picture.

In any case, please make your collection available again....

I'm learning new website building platform, so I deleted everything I had and I will redo it using new system.

I have unlimited web space on my hosting site,so it's not space issue..

I've heard that there is a thread regarding a disagreement on whether or not to have the ability to include PCGS into the registry sets like is allowed in the US registry. I understand that there were hard feelings, but I would like to read the tread out of curiosity.

It you can provide a link, Id appreciate it. I cannot find it by conducting a search.

My intent is not to start the discussion again - only to read the old one.

Thanks

I would be interested to read that, too.