• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

California Gold Tokens posted by Cal Gold "Token" Guy

3 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Arms of California gold tokens on eBay

Howdy:

If anyone is interested in California Gold Tokens, specifically Arms of California gold tokens, I have decided to sell a number of duplicates from my collection on eBay. OldWestGold (a well-known eBay seller of pioneer and fractional gold) will be listing about thirty or so pieces over the next few weeks. Might want to take a look. They are in NGC holders and as you may know, NGC will no longer slab these tiny gold pieces, so they are getting hard to find in their holders. Thanks.

14948.jpg

See more journals by Cal Gold "Token" Guy

Howdy:

Well, they said at the time that they had decided to slab tokens and medals which were only listed in specific reference material. California gold tokens were not listed in any updated guide. However, my thinking is that these tiny gold pieces were just too hard to work with (as NGC tended to bend a number of them in the encapsulation process - this I know from first-hand experience). Also, they were having trouble finding folks expert in this area to work on these pieces (a number of pieces came back incorrectly labeled as the folks in QC probably did not know them well enough). A shame...