• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Opinions on this quarter...

5 posts in this topic

Hello again! At this point, all I have are the seller's pics, but I'm curious if you wouldn't mind shooting an opinion of grade on this coin. It looks as if the photos were shot from an angle (the coin's image is a bit oblong.) I'll do my best to send photos once it arrives (assuming it arrives!)

Thanks!

FYI, I have removed the photos of this coin until it arrives in hand (upon the recommendation of a couple friends.). Sorry if it's confusing.

AU58 - I see what I am interpreting as friction in the obverse portrait hair and on the eagle's breast on the reverse. The images do not show the surfaces very well; from the image the surfaces look fairly clean. It will be interesting to know what the coin truly looks like in hand.

I have to say that was my guess, at least from the photos provided. We'll see once it gets here...hard to tell if the darker areas are wear, toning, or shadows.

I definitely agree, and I am betting that the color will be different in hand as well, making it even harder to tell for sure.

P.S. I saw your other thread on this coin in the U.S. Forum. I didn't mention it, but it looked like a DDO to me too at first glance. Sometimes doubling can be an artifact in the images (I had that happen to me once :( ), but I am hoping that it turns out. This could definitely be an amazing cherry pick if it does turn out to be the "big one."

I've definitely seen "artifact doubling" (is that a new type of doubling? lol) but this is a definite match. That's one of the reasons I was specifically looking for it...because it stood out so well. Plus, I think the sellers pics are just good enough at it should be really sweet...assuming it gets to me. :)