• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Franklin Halves- Grade opinions?

7 posts in this topic

Since it is getting close to the end of the year, I am going through most of my collection and taking inventory. Some coins I am going to keep, some coins I am going to sell and some coins I am considering on sending in for grading. I have these 4 Franklins that I would like to get some more opinions on. Let me know what you think!

Coin #1

1963-DFranklinCoin1_zps1700998d.png

Coin #2

1963-DFranklinCoin2_zps9b6040b5.png

Coin #3

1963-DFranklinCoin3_zpsfc5e3741.png

Coin #4

1963FranklinCoin4_zps806b5b74.png

I do not know franks so I can not guess.

Are you looking for PL's?

No Jim. I'm not really looking for any PLs. I'm just going through all the coins I've collected from Mint sets through this past year and I ran across these. I have my opinions, just thought I would see what others had to say.

These all appear to be in the 63 to 64 range. From the pictures, I wouldn't call any of them FBL. They are definitely not worth sending in.

A 63D really needs to be at least 65FBL to be worth it, and even then its only worth $150 at most.

These all appear to be in the 63 to 64 range. From the pictures, I wouldn't call any of them FBL. They are definitely not worth sending in.

A 63D really needs to be at least 65FBL to be worth it, and even then its only worth $150 at most.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. I hadn't planned on submitting them but rather, just selling them raw. But I've rethought that position and I think I'm going to leave them in the album instead.

Thanks for the opinions guys!