• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can yall give me your opinions about the old Commems please..

4 posts in this topic

My boss came to me a while back and showed me these old Commems and ask what they we're worth. She bought them from Anthony Swiatek over 20 years ago when he was doing the seminars about numismatic investment. I am gna send them either to our host or ATS but I'm not 100% sure yet. Any input on grade will be appreciated. They have been stored in the Swiatek flips and cointins since the day she brought them. #1) HAWAIIAN 2013-11-04123000_zps685f6b4d.jpg

2013-11-04123143_zpsf0ae89c3.jpg

#2) ALABAMA 2×2 20131104_105401_zps2ed1a4c9.jpg2013-11-04132542_zps163035a0.jpg

There are 3 more I will post after these are discussed. Thanx

It is hard to tell from your photos how nice the Hawaiian commemorative half dollar is. The photo is a bit dark and gray. It seems to be a nice coin, and probably is, but I can't give you a firm answer. I don't see any reason why it would not a get grade.

The Alabama 2X2 appears to be very nice piece that might grade MS-64 or 65. Once more there are limits as how much one can say when grading from a photo.

I don't know what kind of holders these coins are in, but if you see anything green or something that looks like moisture, you need to re-holder the coins. If PVC residue is on them, you might need to consult with someone to remove it. The services will do that for a fee.

Here are the two coins from my collection. Both are graded MS-64.

AlabamaO.jpgAlabamaR.jpg

HawaiianO-1.jpgHawaiianR-1.jpg

They are inside thin capsules someone said they were called Kointins.I am gna submit them because she wants to sale I'm them eventually.also there is a Roanoke Columbia S.C. and Norfolk. I took the images with my cell phone so that's why they're not that great

Kointins are fine for storeage so you are okay on that score.

The sad part is the market for commemorative coins has not been good for several years. Most dealers sell properly graded, nice, but not exceptional, pieces for Coin Dealer Newsletter prices, which means they have to pay something less.