• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Auction results inquiry

5 posts in this topic

http://www.ragoarts.com/results/?p=search&t=12&d=1206132

Could someone peruse the results of this auction page ( especially the bottom where the unsold Morgans were and explain why they did not receive even one bid ? Now, I could not attend this auction but knew it was upcoming. And I knew the guy ( he was an important local flea market dealer in Lambertville New Jersey and owned an auction house and ran a retail store in Bucks County.

I was startled to see these unsold coins but perhaps I'm missing something. Could there have been a minimum? Thanks...

And were some of the results market value or were there any scores ?

I would agree with Mark. Perhaps it was also the quantity of coins(one lot had a total of 97 coins) that kept folks from bidding.

A quantity of coins, no matter how small or large, would not have kept people from bidding more than $0.

Other than an unmet reserve, the only other explanation that comes to mind, would be lots which are withdrawn (due or cataloging errors, discovery of a counterfeit or problems with the consignor, etc.) But if that were the case, I would expect a notation to that effect, rather than a reported sales price of $0.