• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

user ignore question

6 posts in this topic

Not sure the best place to ask this so I apologize in advance if there is a better suited place than this.

I tried sending a PM to a board member in reference to a bst thread and it said I couldn't because this user had me on the ignore user option. Well ok, not exactly sure why but not going to lose sleep over it but it did cause me to wonder how the ignore user works.

If I ignore a member and they comment on a thread does it prevent me from seeing what they wrote? Or does it just prevent private message communication?

Thanks in advance.

Nick

It prevents sending PMs.

In a thread, it will show that a user has posted, but will not show their post. To see the contents of the post, it will give you the option to show the content if you choose to. It is very refreshing to have certain members on ignore, although I use the feature very sparingly. Mostly I just use it for trolls and ignoramuses, and mostly this board is good about not having those types, or getting rid of them quickly.

Not sure the best place to ask this so I apologize in advance if there is a better suited place than this.

I tried sending a PM to a board member in reference to a bst thread and it said I couldn't because this user had me on the ignore user option. Well ok, not exactly sure why but not going to lose sleep over it but it did cause me to wonder how the ignore user works.

If I ignore a member and they comment on a thread does it prevent me from seeing what they wrote? Or does it just prevent private message communication?

Thanks in advance.

Nick

The default setting for "user ignore' prevents you from seeing what they post. However, you can easily override it, simply by clicking on a link that pops up.

I tried sending a PM to a board member in reference to a bst thread and it said I couldn't because this user had me on the ignore user option. Well ok, not exactly sure why but[...]

Go to your Preferences and you'll see an option on whether we want to accept private messages from other users. I'm saying he may just have that set at "No," you don't know.

Or maybe he doesn't like you. Sorry. :grin: