• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A New Toned Morgan I just picked up. Care to take a look??

12 posts in this topic

It may simply be due to the monitor I am using at work, but your coin looks to have some AT on it. The blue-green in front of Ms Liberty does not look real to me, nor does the blue near the rim on the reverse.

I will take a look at it again later using my monitor at home.

I have seen many Morgans with similiar reverse toning. All were AT.

Actually the toning didnt bother me on those coins as I thought it looked nice. The only problem I have is when people are DECEIVED into paying STRONG premiums for coins that are AT. IMHO if you like it and didnt pay too much then you got a nice score.

I still think it's NT.....but this is typically the case when the subject or NT vs AT comes up........not everyone agrees which means everyone else is wrong and I'm right correct????

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

poke2.gif

WIthout seeing the coin in hand, it is difficult to tell if those colors are a result of the lighting and the photo, or that's what it really looks like. If that is the actual look of the coin, I would estimate that it's worth about $15 (it could always be dipped) crazy.gif

I have an 1879 Morgan that I've had for 30 years. I put it in a belt buckle years ago and polished it with NevRdull. When it retoned it resembled your example.

I was going to say NT. There are some untoned areas around the stars (although it would be better if it were only the outer side of stars) and some fingerprints (which could have occured anytime I suppose). Maybe just "a bit too toned" to be NT ???frown.gif