• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mint Error Coins posted by JoeFerentz

4 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

I found these Lincoln Cent coins with errors...

I found some pennies kept in their own folder by my father. Didn't think much about them till my brother noticed the mint errors. I have a clipped planchet, off-center (this results in a missing L one one), and one with no apparent date and only the TY showing.

I have never seen these before so I was wondering how collectible are they?

14796.jpg

See more journals by JoeFerentz

Joe,

I think your best bet would be to join

www.lincolncentresource.net

You will find the best Lincoln Variety knowledge and great answers from the guys in the club!!

Later Bud----Rick

Hi Joe,

Though I'm not much of a U.S. Coin guy, I can tell that what you have there is likely a filled die error. In my experience, they're pretty much worth whatever someone will pay for them. I've found a few in my time, a couple Kennedy Halves and a couple State Quarters. Rick gave you good advice about Lincoln Cent Resource....those guys could tell you more about your particular coin than I ever could. But what I've done with my filled die errors is put them up on Ebay for .99 No Reserve and they've sold for between $5 for the Kennedys and I think I got about $14 for one of the quarters. The other quarter went for a whole $2.47 if I'm remembering correctly.