• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Moment We've All Been Waiting For: The Fifth Annual Secret Santa Swap!

78 posts in this topic

I've already had people sending me messages asking to be included - so now here's your chance!

Back by popular demand, lets get into the spirit of Christmas! That means giving presents and sharing a little goodwill amongst the squabbles and stress of every day life. Lets do the annual Secret Santa Swap! Its incredibly simple:

1. If you are interested in playing, send me a PM with your address before the evening of Saturday, December 7th (even if you played last year, send me your address again, I've deleted those PMs)

2. I'll randomize the names, and assign each person someone to send a gift to (by PM) (the person you send a gift to will not be the person sending you a gift)

3. Pick a small coin-related gift you think your person will like, under $20 (to keep it from getting outlandish, and to keep anyone from feeling like they got stiffed).

4. Send your gift out by Saturday, December 14th.

5. When you receive your present, take a quick picture and post it here in this thread and tell us what you got. Don't reveal actual names unless they say its alright.

Gifts should be coins, coin books, or something along the general coin theme.

So let's get into the giving spirit, and let the Secret Santa coin swap begin!

No need to bring this to the top, looks like Numismatics General is stagnant...well at least this will be an unread for some others.

Jason, why not link this Secret Santa in a post in the US Coin Forum?

No need to bring this to the top, looks like Numismatics General is stagnant...well at least this will be an unread for some others.

I hope I didn't offend Jason by bringing too many to the show but.... http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7222523#Post7222523

I hope I didn't offend Jason by bringing too many to the show but.... http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7222523#Post7222523

Nope, the more the merrier!

Is it too late to get in?

i think it's not too late..

"1. If you are interested in playing, send me a PM with your address before the evening of Saturday, December 7th (even if you played last year, send me your address again, I've deleted those PMs)"

We have a record number of participants this year, so I'm really excited to see all the Christmas cheer that will be spread! Names and addresses have been sent out (sorry for the delay, I've been under the weather for a couple of days). Please get your presents in the mail by December 16.

When you receive your gift, take a picture and post it here for everyone to see!

I received my gift today! This wonderful book will make a nice addition to my growing numismatic library! I have a couple of books ahead of it that I will read first, but only after 5-10 minutes of flipping through the pages, I can tell it will be an excellent read! There are lots of great images of coins, the dies used to mint those coins and illustrations of the Philly Mint. Many Thanks to my secret Santa for this wonderful gift! I greatly appreciate it.

Book1_zpsabe0154d.jpg

Book2_zpsfb909f21.jpg

Book3_zps6f95027e.jpg

Book4_zps5f16f644.jpg