• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Displaying my Lincoln Memorial Collection at the January 2014 FUN Show posted by hunter's gold

6 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Orlando, Florida January 8-12. Hope to see you there

Hi everyone. I have decided to display my Lincoln Memorial circulation issue registry set at this years January FUN Show in Orlando, FL starting January 8th and ended on the 12th. For those who do not know FUN stands for "Florida United Numismatist and it is one of the biggest coin shows of the year. I will be displaying my registry set in a non competitive display since this is the first time I have ever displayed it and if all goes well I will enter it in a competitive display in the future. I will be joined by one of my fellow collects dcq at the show this year as well as several other fellow collectors that I converse with here at the Collectors Society. This will be my first coin show that I have ever attended so I am very excited. I also am a little nervous about displaying my set since as I said this is my first time showing it. There are a lot of fellow Lincoln Memorial collectors who have helped me along the way and encouraged me to show my set. VUMC409 and dcq I could not have done it without you guys and I cannot thank you enough for the help and inspiration. I hope to see a lot of you there and if you are attending send me a message and maybe we can get together. I will leave you with a picture of my NGC MS69RPL 2002 Lincoln Memorial. NGC has graded 12 in MS69RD with this being the lone MS69RPL example. I hope you enjoy my coin and as always, thanks for looking and Happy Collecting

14728.jpg

See more journals by hunter's gold

Doug,

Best of luck displaying your super set at FUN.

Its a great show, I have attended twice ( a great winter break if you live in NJ ).

The OCCC is amazing and if this is your 1st coin show boy did you pick a good one !

Continued success,

Rich

Doug, best wishes to you at the show, I hope your collection is a smashing hit! Call it what you may, bucket-list or once in a lifetime pilgrimage, I hope to break out of the icy winter confines of Wisconsin to attend the January FUN show one of these years.

Gary

You definitely have a show to put on with this set. By far the best I've ever seen. I'm glad you decided to take the plunge. If we can be there we will be. Best to you Doug.

Michael