• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

YN Christmas Giveaway/Contest ?

6 posts in this topic

Getting ready for next year so I decided to do some fall cleaning...

With that in mind I figured now would be a good time for a Christmas Contest for YNs.

1 prize 1 winner - and its only open to YN under 15...

Here's the contest:

Write an essay of any length on "Why I like collecting coins ?"

It could be 1 sentence or 250 words. Please have your kids add in a little about themselves. Age, favorite coins, how long they have been collecting ect...

Anyone who wants to enter should send an email to YNGiveaway@hushmail.com and if your kid(s) are too young to use email, take a photo/scan of their essay and send it to the email address. Please include a shipping address for me to mail the package to.

I will keep the giveaway open for 30 days so I can mail out everything before Christmas and have it arrive on time.

Most of the coins in the albums have been pulled from circulation some have UNCs... great project for a YN to finish and or upgrade the coins as he/she matures.

Here's what the winner will get the following sets/coins...

As I clean more I might add some coins.... if anyone wants to add some coins or even a 2nd and third prize feel free to PM me...

Albums for Presidential Dollars, Wash Quarters (1959-98) National Park Wash Quarters

Partial US Presidential $

Partial 1909-1958 Lincoln Cents

Almost Complete 1959-2009 Lincoln Cents

Partial 1964-1986 JFKs

Partial 1987-2008 JFKs

Almost Complete 1965-2009 Roosies (missing 2 coins)

Partial 1938-1967 Jeff Nickels

Almost Complete 1968-2009 Jeff Nickels (missing 1 coin)

Complete 1999-2009 State Quarters

Proof Prez $ (2 sets)

1976 JFK ANACS PF 64 CAM

2005 P & D Ocean View JEFF IGC MS67

1990-D JFK ANACS MS65

1981-S Jeff PCGS PR69DCAM

2007 D Wash Prez $ NGC BU

1969-S Wash NGC PF 69 W Cam

1970-S Jeff ICG PR65 toned...

1981-S Proof Lincoln raw

MG_5419.jpg

MG_5414.jpg

MG_5420.jpg

MG_5412.jpg

I think my 3 week old son is just a bit too young to write an essay, he's mostly concerned with where mommy got off to and how soon she will be back! I do however, have his birth year silver proof set, ASE and a set from 1913 for him to do with as he pleases. Hopefully they will spark his interest as well in which case the coin collecting bug will have come down 4 generations (that I know of) from my grandfather to him.

I have three 1999 Clad State Quarter Proof Sets that I am throwing in with this incentive. Maybe they can be split up and 1 added to 1st, 2nd, 3rd place or something similar if enough folks here find some items that they would like to add.

DSCN1267-1016x768.jpg

DSCN1269-762x768.jpg

I think I will search around to see what else I can find that might be appropriate.

Bill