• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bring back the original Lincoln Cent Reverse by CaptBrian1

5 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Heritage is important

I think there were three different Lincoln Pennies in 2009, correct me if wrong, but they came out with the shield reverse instead of the Lincoln Memorial. I feel after the party, they should revert back to the latter.

(Hope my facts are right, but the intent is solid.)

See more journals by CaptBrian1

It was actually 4 designs in 2009 and if you wanted the all in both mint state and SMS you have to buy 16 pennies all together joust for the year 2009. I am a big fan of the Lincoln Memorial as it is my favorite coin to collect. I think the new shield design is bland. I would like to see something different.

You can't forget the proofs for 2009. Four more of those.

I agree with Hunter. The new Shield pennies are bland and lack imagination. However, as they will be around for another 46 years (unless Congress changes the law), I will continue collecting them.

The Wheat cent is actually my favorite of the Lincoln's and will likely be my next big set after I finish my Memorial set.

Good luck whatever you collect everyone!

Michael