• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What would you do?

8 posts in this topic

I'm curious about something. You pay NGC & PCGS the same amount of money as if the coin had been graded and placed in plastic, right? JMO but wouldn't it be more fair to give us a credit of $5 or so if a coin is merely looked at and rejected?? It might lessen the pain some of having made a bad purchase or having been outright taken by a seller.

What do you guys/gals do with coins that come back from grading with 'Environment damage' or 'Added Mintmark'?

Ex.. I have a 1909-S VDB with Env Damage

Those are two very different scenarios. The first one is a damaged coin. I would examine the coin to see if the damage could be removed. Many times it can be removed with a little TLC.

The added mintmark is basically a fake coin. I would try to return it to the person I purchased it from. If I couldn't, perhaps the mint mark could be removed? Donate the coin to a coin club or the ANA for teaching purposes?

see if the enviromental damage can be safely removed without hurting the coin more and if so send it to anx

or send to ncs and then off to ngc

if the coin would have an added mintmark first try to get your money back from the person you bought it from if you cant for whatever reason then donate it to the ana in colorado springs

michael

i love that wild crazy dog victor

thumbsup2.gif

michael

Ok then, I'll ship him to you. smile.gif I got called in to the hospital for a trauma case last night and I brought him with me like I often do. After a bit, someone approached me and said that the butthead was lying on the front steps of the hospital. He jumped out of the window and came a searchin' for me. Flattering but inappropriate. Christo_pull_hair.gif Well, I guess that I'll keep 'em despite it all. Maybe my next cannine will be an itsy-bitsy little poodle-dog like EVP has ......... NOT!