• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Crossover Questions/Strike Designations

2 posts in this topic

I actually have two questions:

1) I want to crossover some PCGS full step (FS) Jefferson Nickels to NGC. However, I don't want the coin to be taken out of the PCGS holder unless NGC will also award the 5FS designation. If the coin is graded MS66 FS by PCGS, I don't want it to come back MS66 in NGC plastic. How do I ensure that my minimum grade includes the strike designation?

2) I have NGC graded Jefferson Nickels that were graded before the inception of the 5FS strike designation. How do I submit these coins for a strike designation review?

Thanks,

Paul

• Administrator

Paul,

Thanks for the questions.

1. We will not cross the coin unless it will keep its designation or go up a numeric grade. In the example you gave, the coin will not be crossed unless we consider it to be at least MS 66 5FS.

2. We offer a service called "Designation Review" where we look only at the designation such as 5FS.