• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BTW, I'm back...

8 posts in this topic

It's been a very unusual time...

I've given up caffeine (around 70 days), Quit smoking (about 40 days) and my parents house, for all intents and purposes, it sold. I'm just going through the task of cleaning it out and waiting for the closing date.

I haven't posted much here but my interest in coins has not waivered. Along with my collections, I'm actually taking an interest in anything coin related. Just this past week I saw some of those 70's American Revolution Tokens that were put out by the mint and came across some of the first day coin covers.The guy wanted $3 each for them so I figured... What the heck... They looked really cool. Heck, if anyone has any other first day coin covers or some of the tokens from this, I'd definately be interested.

My in-laws were in town last week and I went through all their pocket change. My uncle had a 2002 Canadian quarter that just gleamed. It has a huge maple leaf on the back with what looks like someone fly fishing. It's got a scratch here or there but the coin is beautiful, the crown on the obverse looks somewhat Cameo but that's probably just the design of it.

Well... that's about it for now. I have a small break in which nothing is going on so I'm going to relax, have a beer and a shot!

Dave

Are you talking about the restrikes of the early American medals? Sounds like it. I've accumulated most of them too and find them very attractive. I like the antiqued finish and I believe that they're made of pewter, too. I original bought a half a dozen of them for fifty cents each at a thrift store in Vegas. They still sell dirt cheap which surprises the heck out of me. I guarantee that if they were marketed properly then one would see a huge price increase. Well, welcome back to the boards and get back to work on the house! smirk.gif

Argh! I post on the message board and my furnace gets a crack in it and partially floods my basement!!! ....well, atleast a river ran through it :-)

Much to my surprise, my oil company gave me like 30% off the price of a new boiler.

In any case, I'm going to my neighbors house, I should have heat by 10pm tonight!

Dave

I'm back up and running and it's so darn hot! I've been putting off getting a new furnace and I was planning on it before the end of the year.

The furnace was as old as the house, 51 years old! and it was built to last 25 years so I got all I could out of it.

Now, if the Yankees win... my night will be complete.

Dave