• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

First entry posted by geoff hobson

5 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

new token maybe

I am bidding on a rare Isle of Man token at the moment, not sure if I will get it as there is considerable interest in it. My collection is growing nicely, but the one item that I am finding it difficult to get my hands on is the 1798 penny. For some reason there are not many about in a grade that I am happy with, or in high grade is a lot of money.

Enough for now.

See more journals by geoff hobson

Do not rush yourself. :gossip: I have learned that there will always be another chance to get a coin in the future.

Best of fun in your coin and life adventures.

Semper Fi !

Jack

Welcome to the journals Geoff. Keep on posting about your finds and deals.

You are right about the 1798. Hard to find decent grades and expensive!

Good Luck!

Michael

I got it. It is a Douglas August bazaar token issued in 1857 in the Isle of Man. It is rare and I have not seen one before. It was a reasonable price considering the rarity, so I am pleased. I am getting the two Peel tokens which have been held for me next week, and I am having more reserved for me. Now I have to save the money!