• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2 pics of same coin. Which do you like better?

13 posts in this topic

I personally like the 2nd picture better because of the clear cameo contrast and the luster you captured. With that being said the first picture really reveals the fields in a way I haven't see before so it has it's qualities as well.

Nice Coin all the way around 893applaud-thumb.gif

Overall I like the first pic better. It shows the details better, and hides many of the surface marks visible in the second pic. However the second pic shows the amazing luster of the coin, and the cameo contrast, as was said above.

It's almost hard to believe those pics are from the same coin. 893whatthe.gif

I have been experimenting with different lighting after buying a new camera. It is amazing how much different these two photos came out. Getting all the variables correct to take a great picture can be just as frustrating as buying the right coin. frustrated.gif

I like both pictures. The first gives the coin a satiny look,very smooth appearance and hides micro blemishes. The second shows off the cameo and highlights the luster. It`s a beautiful addition in anybody`s book. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Both Photos have merit but I would not buy the coin based upon the first picture because one can not determine the luster and the cameo contrast as well. But it is a sweet coin, one that would fit nicely in my type collection. tongue.gif

It certainly is a pain in the arse getting quality photos which captures the full personality of a coin. You came pretty close to succeeding!

It seems the color is off in both photos. The holder should be white. The 2'nd photo is probably closer in color to the actual coin.

There are about a zillion combinations of camera settings and lighting choices! Practice makes perfect so feel free to post more photos of nice classic proof coins laugh.gif