• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

You Asked For It . . .

8 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

By popular request, the following series now have one-per-year sets:

Lincoln Cents 1909-33

Buffalo Nickels 1913-38

Barber Dimes 1892-1916

Mercury Dimes 1916-45

Barber Quarters 1892-1916

Standing Liberty Quarters 1916-30

Barber Halves 1892-1915

Walking Liberty Halves 1916-47

Also added is short set for Type 3 Standing Liberty Quarters 1925-30.

Finally, the Year Sets have been extended back to 1892.

This should keep y'all busy for awhile.

Dave,

I would like to thank you and all the other fine people at NGC for the effort to add more sets to the registry. There is however a problem with the one-per-year buffalo set. When I tried to use the auto build the best-set feature, it added my 1925 coin to both the 1925 & 1926 slot. I tried to change the 1926 slot to the correct coin, but it seems that it will only accept the 1925 coin.

The cert# for the 1925 is 9906584, and it is listed in both the 1925 & 1926 slots at this time. The cert# for the 1926 is 2740342.

Thanks

John Wihlborg

• Administrator
Dave,

I would like to thank you and all the other fine people at NGC for the effort to add more sets to the registry. There is however a problem with the one-per-year buffalo set. When I tried to use the auto build the best-set feature, it added my 1925 coin to both the 1925 & 1926 slot. I tried to change the 1926 slot to the correct coin, but it seems that it will only accept the 1925 coin.

The cert# for the 1925 is 9906584, and it is listed in both the 1925 & 1926 slots at this time. The cert# for the 1926 is 2740342.

Thanks

John Wihlborg

The slot has been corrected. Thanks very much for bringing it to our attention smile.gif

Thanks Dena!

I hate to be a pain, but there is another problem that has been happening lately. Last week I updated my buffalo set and lost the photos & descriptions for two coins that had been in the set for some time already. Now today when I updated the new one per year buffalo set I lost another photo & description. There seems to something very wrong with the update function.

Are these descriptions lost for good? This would be quite a problem if every time you update a set, you lose descriptions and have to rewrite them.

Thanks

John

John,

Contrary to Arch's assertion (in another thread in this forum), the real problem is that you disagree with the judgement of the fancy, uber-cool AI module within this system. That module is actually trying to reject the loser coins from its system.

Sorry if the truth hurts...

EVP

PS wink.gif

EVP,

You make a good point. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif I do happen to disagree on a couple of issues with the fancy, uber-cool AI module that seems to be running things from within the registry these days

However, I see a flaw in your theory. IF the fancy, uber-cool AI module was really trying to reject the loser coins from its system it would have deleted all my sets a long time ago. smirk.gif

893naughty-thumb.gif No, I think the inner workings of the fancy, uber-cool AI module are much more insidious than that. 893whatthe.gif

I think the true goal of the fancy, uber-cool AI module is to cause as much frustration frustrated.gifand aggravation Christo_pull_hair.gif as possible when trying to use the registry so that crazed coin collectors insane.gif like Hoot and I will keep Arch and Dena so busy working on our constant whining that they will not have the time to track down, corner, and kill the fancy, uber-cool AI module. confused-smiley-013.gif

So you see it’s really just all about self preservation. grin.gif

John

EVP,

You make a good point. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif I do happen to disagree on a couple of issues with the fancy, uber-cool AI module that seems to be running things from within the registry these days

However, I see a flaw in your theory. IF the fancy, uber-cool AI module was really trying to reject the loser coins from its system it would have deleted all my sets a long time ago. smirk.gif

893naughty-thumb.gif No, I think the inner workings of the fancy, uber-cool AI module are much more insidious than that. 893whatthe.gif

I think the true goal of the fancy, uber-cool AI module is to cause as much frustration frustrated.gifand aggravation Christo_pull_hair.gif as possible when trying to use the registry so that crazed coin collectors insane.gif like Hoot and I will keep Arch and Dena so busy working on our constant whining that they will not have the time to track down, corner, and kill the fancy, uber-cool AI module. confused-smiley-013.gif

So you see it’s really just all about self preservation. grin.gif

John

Yeah! What John said! yeahok.gif

27_laughing.gif

Hoot grin.gifinsane.gif