• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NGC MS67RD 1963D Lincoln Memorial-Population of 3 posted by hunter's gold

4 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Closing in on 100% set completion

Hi Everyone. I bought this NGC MS67RD 1963D Lincoln Memorial with a current NGC population of 3. This example was just recently added to the registry. I had tried unsuccessfully to purchase one of the other examples awhile back so I am glad this one came along. It is only the 4th coin in my entire 1959-Date Lincoln circulation issues registry set that I paid over the listed value and boy did I have to pay for this one. This coin had listed at TeleTrade with a very high reserve and was offered 3 times with no takers. It eventually showed up at Heritage Auctions with the same very high reserve but this time I felt that there might be some bidders so I placed a decent bid above the reserve and was successful. The 2 major auction houses I mentioned had the reserve set at just under 3 times what the coin list for. Yes, you read that right. I do not have any buyers remorse because it is an outstanding example. On another note I should have my 1959-Date Lincoln circulation issue registry set complete by the middle of next month. The 2 coins I need I have made arrangements to buy and a couple of upgrades. I have to thank VUMC409 for helping me with those coins. Thanks Michael as I could not have done it without your help. I must also thank Bob with Robecs Images for his outstanding photo work that he has been doing on my collection. Hopefully the set will be complete with photos by the cutoff time for this years registry awards. It has been 6 years in the making and there are still a few more upgrades possible that I will keep my eye open for. I have not decided what my next pursuit will be but of course I will keep you posted. I hope you enjoy my latest addition and as always, thanks for looking and Happy Collecting

14507.jpg

See more journals by hunter's gold

Congratulations on your latest find. Really does look great.

I have learned a lot of tidbits of our trade since being a member here and reading all of these wonderful posts. One that I tend to remember when I purchase a coin is that if the coin is well researched, presentable and the Seller has proven to be honest; a higher fee is well worth the coin.

I do not do it too often but, when I do purchase a coin this way, it shows the Seller and Buyer has a good connection and respect for each other. IMHO.

I wish you well in your up coming coin and life's adventures.

Semper Fi !

Jack

Congrats on your acquisition.And as always the pictures are spectacular. Started following your sets after your first post that I read-right after I started my set. I have a long way to go but right now your set is my "target" set. Always enjoy your posts and looking at your sets. Also, thanks again for getting me connected with Bob C.

Truly an awesome coin. But OMG $2820.00 for a 1963-D Lincoln. You have the ability to put together sets that I could only dream of.