• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

submit here or ats

10 posts in this topic

I asked for opinions on a world coin, 1925 Lithuania 50 centu,in the spare a grade forum. I mentioned I was going to submit ats and it was suggested NGC is the leader in world coins. I have also heard this other places. My only area of interest right now is Lithuanian 1925-1938 coins. My graded ones are evenly split between PCGS and NGC including some top pops and I have about 20 or so raw coins I plan to submit.

Having collected U.S. coins in the past I found PCGS commands a better price.

World coins I am not sure.

What would you do ? Go with PCGS secure plus or NGC. Not looking to sell any anytime soon. Thanks

I would go with NGC. In addition to being world coin experts, they also have an excellent world coin price guide.

Just an FYI: The "world coin price guide" that NGC links to on their site is an electronic version of the Standard Catalog of World Coins published by Krause. It is not an NGC product.

With regard to the OP's question, without a doubt I would submit to NGC over PCGS for world (non-USA) coins. Many more years of experience and in general a bit more consistent in their grading standard (in my opinion). There are a few niche areas of non-USA coins where PCGS is a bit more strict (e.g., 8 Reales), but for the most part PCGS can be sort of "all over the place". Just a general feel...but to each his/her own.

I'm the one who prompted this thread, so you already know I vote for NGC. And that's not just because I prefer NGC in general or because this is an NGC forum - I honestly and truly believe that NGC foreign graded coins are more accurately graded, more respected, more liquid, and command a stronger market.

I would but I think the world coin guys will go with NGC and in the U.S. coin forum it would be emphatically PCGS .

The only thing that had me leaning to PCGS is my last submission there was 8 Lithuanian 1 centas and received 4 in 66 and 4 in 67. 67 is the top pop so I would be rolling the dice submitting here . But who really cares what the numbers are . The coins are for me and the kids so its looks that matter.

submitting here sound pretty good.

Joeyuk---I dare you to ask this question ATS. :devil:

In which forum? :foryou:

The US Coin Forum. There are some hard core Kool-Aid drinkers there. lol

I lurk ATS and post less than here and your post is an understatement.