• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A question on a wheat cent 1918 D

15 posts in this topic

If the color in the pic is accurate I would say it may have been cleaned, very hard to make a clear judgement on a coin in a flip. The details are MS but might have some slight rub on the lower jaw, again very hard to make much out from the pics. This is a better date, not already holdered, I'd be very careful.

Thoughts...

It is virtually impossible to ascertain anything from the grainy low quality images provided.

That being said, I would be willing to say it is UNC, and appears to be well struck.

The pictures show no luster, it is impossible to declare if it uncleaned.

Thanks for all the opinions you think it is worth a dollar and 10 cents in silver ??

Actually, it would only be about .96c. in face silver, and about, what, $15.80 in todays' market, after melt fees and wear loss?

If the coin is pristine UNC and without cleaning, is it worth $15.00 to you?

Yes, it is worth a $1 in silver. Even if it's been cleaned or recolored, MS or high AU. Hard to say from those pictures.

Lance.