• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NCS to the rescue...I hope.

2 posts in this topic

I recently had 2 coins returned to me from ANACS bagged. One was "Cleaned" and the other "PVC residue".

I'm hoping to have them cleaned up and slabbed thru NGC for my Peace dollar registry set.

I know this subject has been covered in exhaustive detail on this forum but I'm asking for a cut-to-the-chase answer that'll give me direction. Thanx

Twowood confused.gif

Twowood:

Here is my "cut-to-the-chase" answer.

Coin one is described as cleaned. Most likely, it has impaired luster or hairlines. NCS can check for and remove residues, but that will not change the fact that it has been previously improperly cleaned. As such, chances are very slim that it would grade at NGC.

Coin two is described as having PVC residue. NCS can remove that. The big question however is what condition are the surfaces underneath the PVC. Often there are problem hiddens under residue--PVC damage, scratches, previous improper cleaning. Neverthess, we can conserve it, but will not know if it will grade at NGC until we have examined it first hand and removed the residue.

Regards,