• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Photos Up!!! I finally shot my Toned Mehrig Albums of Jeffersons!!!

19 posts in this topic

It took me long enough... I've only had the album for around a year... I shot the coins last week, and finally got in the mood to cropping 130 pictures today. The set is original in the Mehrig album (except the 1943-P, I think). I took the shots to highlight the color, so remember most have lustre beneath the color... for the shots that are a little blurry or angled, well, I didn't want to take the coins out individually, so this is what resulted under the conditions I had.

In case you can't tell (;)) the file names are the date, the mintmark, and the side wink.gif

Here's the gallery--each coin, both sides

I'm open to your comments smile.gif

Jeremy

PS- The album, along with the coins, stops at 1961

Can I look for FS nickels! wink.gif

Leo

I do like your set up display of the coins! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

The FS count is 0 smile.gif The irony, though, is the ones with the best color have the weakest strikes (example... weakest of all is the 54-S, my favorite).

Glad you like how I put it up... just as they came from the album smile.gif If the album stays with me for an additional length of time, the coins will be moved to an IS album.

Jeremy

For the folks who haven't been able to see this set in-hand, it is quite lovely. If Jeremy ever decides to sell the set I have already told him I would be seriously interested...that's how nice it is. thumbsup2.gif

For the folks who haven't been able to see this set in-hand, it is quite lovely. If Jeremy ever decides to sell the set I have already told him I would be seriously interested...that's how nice it is. thumbsup2.gif
And Tom rarely compliments my coins 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

But, to be fair, I don't remember him ever telling me that... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Also on the issue of selling this set... I bought it with the intention of selling it. I was going to break it up, slab the nice ones to sell, and sell the rest raw. Then I realized what exactly I had--a truly original set, which is now scarcely found. I couldn't break it up. I think right now it's at the stage of being, "everything will sell at the right price." Then again, I'll likely be picky about who buys it, as I don't want to see it broken up... thumbsup2.gif

Jeremy

But, to be fair, I don't remember him ever telling me that... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

You might have been drooling over the set when that was said! laugh.gif

Also on the issue of selling this set... I bought it with the intention of selling it. I was going to break it up, slab the nice ones to sell, and sell the rest raw. Then I realized what exactly I had--a truly original set, which is now scarcely found. I couldn't break it up. I think right now it's at the stage of being, "everything will sell at the right price." Then again, I'll likely be picky about who buys it, as I don't want to see it broken up... thumbsup2.gif

Jeremy

There's alot that could be said about the strikes and carbon spots but that's me!

It probably is a set that needs to be seen in hand as luster and toning are almost impossible to photo.

But I'm liking that Gallery website more and more as I read along! wink.gif

Leo

Man oh man was that some eye candy.....I tried to look for a dog, but all of the coins were very nice and the toning on some of those were just star quality all the way cloud9.gif

Congrats on a fantastic set Jeremy 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Jeremy

Tom with nickels??? Gimme a BREAK! 27_laughing.gif

Anyhow, your sentiments are why I did not break up the Allison Park collection of nickels. Sold it on eBay just as I bought it (and for a pretty significant loss). Sentiment overtook my senses of gain. I believe it's in good hands now.

Hoot

Very nice Jeremy. It must have taken you quite a while to photograph and then edit. That is a very nice set.

Bigd5 bought a very similiar set at the NH Expo last week. I had the opportunity to buy it but passed foreheadslap.gif

Man oh man was that some eye candy.....I tried to look for a dog, but all of the coins were very nice and the toning on some of those were just star quality all the way cloud9.gif
Sorry that your quest failed yay.gif

It must have taken you quite a while to photograph and then edit. That is a very nice set
Thanks smile.gif It took about an hour and a half to photograph, and then maybe another 2 hours to crop. Part of the problem was I photographed what was covered by one of those slips keeping the coins in (8 coins each) at a time, then the reverses... and when I mixed up the reverse order, I had to play "what coin is this?" That wasn't fun 893blahblah.gif

Strong work in imaging all of those coins, Jeremy. Very nice collection. It appears that the 42 P was also substituted at a later time.

Strong work in imaging all of those coins, Jeremy. Very nice collection. It appears that the 42 P was also substituted at a later time.
I was thinking that, but it has, at the very least, begun toning--there is a small amount of color on the obverse periphery, and a ring of blue on the reverse... the 43-P is just blast white.

Jeremy

It took me long enough... I've only had the album for around a year... I shot the coins last week, and finally got in the mood to cropping 130 pictures today. The set is original in the Mehrig album (except the 1943-P, I think). I took the shots to highlight the color, so remember most have lustre beneath the color... for the shots that are a little blurry or angled, well, I didn't want to take the coins out individually, so this is what resulted under the conditions I had.

In case you can't tell (;)) the file names are the date, the mintmark, and the side wink.gif

Here's the gallery--each coin, both sides

I'm open to your comments smile.gif

Jeremy

PS- The album, along with the coins, stops at 1961

Oh, man! My wife is going to love this. I introduced her to toned coins last night and she really got a kick out of them. I can't wait to show her these.

Thank you so much for your hard work imaging them.

Jonathan headbang.gif