• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: Nice 1908 D $5 Indian Half Eagle PCGS MS63

17 posts in this topic

I am passing. There is no barcode on the slab, I can't get any better pictures from this seller who just registered today and has one post.

Anyone else might fare better than I did in getting better information such as references and pictures but someone correct me if I am wrong; doesn't PCGS have barcodes on that era slab and weren't they on the rear and then moved to the front?

What makes no sense to me is that the obverse shot of the slab has no prongs, but the reverse image shows the coin in a newer PCGS holder with the edge-view prong style. Something about this post is VERY VERY VERY fishy.

All PCGS slabs of the blue-label era should have a bar code on either the front or back. The images you are showing are clearly not the same coin in the obverse and reverse pictures.

Would you care to explain that???

I'm pretty confident this is a SCAM. Auction results show that this date/mint mark coin has sold consistently over the past 1-2 years in PCGS MS63 holders for twice what this "new member" is asking. No offense if this is a genuine seller, but given that the pictures don't match one another, and the asking price is way out of market line, my money at this point is going down on SCAM.

To the seller: do you have any references of completed successful sales on theis board or eBay completed sales?

BUYER BEWARE

Absolutely is and PayPal has confirmed that it was a phishing email address.

By the way here is some tracking I did. The following two pictures are from the scammers Reverse and the real Reverse when it was in a NGC MS-63+ Holder. Apparently someone tried to cross to PCGS thinking they would get a bump from MS-63+ to MS-64.

The Scammers PCGS Reverse

PCGS_MS63_Scammer_Reverse.jpg

The Original NGC MS-63+ Reverse

NGC_MS63_Plus.jpg

Exact Same Bird. Of-course the Obverse is for the other slab pictured.

The original HA for the NGC Slabbed MS-63+ Located Here

And in the NGC Certification Results the coins grade is listed as 'DELETED' so I guess they were notified by the coin owner on the crossover attempt. Bet that doesn't happen often.

I'm such a dope...I didn't even notice the slab photo problems. What I noticed first was the $900 asking price for a $5 Indian...that is WAY too low....it's roughly a $1500 coin, isn't it?

jom

This one is more than likely a scam as well.

If I am wrong then I apologize to the new member that registered yesterday, has one post, total, from yesterday, and has a new photobucket account created with only the pictures posted here.

I don't know how to go about checking on that note though. Maybe auctions somewhere. Maybe eBay?